Posted December 13, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Coordinator at the Oklahoma City Convention Center. Under general supervision, coordinates all event preparation and performance aspects related to the facility for events including but not limited to, banquets, conventions, sporting events, trade shows, and meetings. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all client requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Plan, organize, and manage events at the Oklahoma City Convention Center with focus on meetings, banquets, trade shows and local conventions with under 500 people in attendance.
- Assist the Event Managers in teaming on afternoon or evening shifts for large multiday events such as trade shows, sporting events, conventions and special events.
- Coordinate assignment schedules for all staffing requirements for the proper presentation of event.
- Assist in the supervision emergency/medical personnel, crowd control, guest services, security, and Police Officers as well as contract employees for events.
- Assist in research, review and recommendation of equipment, materials and supplies required in providing event services and planning.
- Coordinate outside service needs with food and beverage contractor, decorators or other vendors, as needed.
- Coordinate with marketing department all media entry into the building before, during or immediately following events.
- Maintain a proper image of hospitality and generate positive public relations with clients, exhibitors, convention center partners, patrons and staff.
- Make immediate decisions and communicate with all users of the facility in an emergency situation.
- Communicate with clients to obtain necessary technical requirements and other event related information.
- Inspect all building areas including specific meeting spaces to evaluate suitability for occupancy, considering such factors as air circulation, lighting, location, room size and specific event requirements.
- Ensure that the equipment, physical set-up and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event and the client's contractual agreement.
- Ensure all pertinent information is obtained, compiled in event files and distributed to proper facility departments.
- Assist in reconciling all post-event invoicing and assist the finance department with timely final event billing documentation.
- Compile and distribute all post-event notes in order to address immediate action items and for future event reference.
- Coordinate the preparation of assigned upcoming events.
- Coordinate and satisfy the requirements of multiple events occurring simultaneously.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community, as applicable.
- Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Work irregular schedule to ensure proper supervision of all events and activities scheduled in the facility, as required. This individual should be prepared to put in necessary hours, which include nights, weekends and holidays.