Posted June 23, 2022
This position will be responsible for the comprehensive management of all networks, phone system and all related systems. The development and implementation of policies related to network security, disaster recovery and IT infrastructure. Analyze resource utilization and develop strategies for optimize performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop network troubleshooting strategies to help reduce network downtime and decrease maintenance costs.
- Create rational strategies for upgrading network software as new upgrades is available.
- Staying up to date with new network technology and reporting to executive team on a periodic basis.
- Supervise full-time, part-time, contractual computing, network, and phone staff. Properly schedule staff to cover facility operating hours in efficient and effective manner. Assign specific work tasks and monitor progress as to timeliness and quality of results.
- Develop training programs that ensure that all staff members are proficient in operating and maintaining computer and phone systems.
- Develop, implement, document, and maintain effective facility maintenance policies, procedures, and programs. To include P.M. on all computer software and hardware, and all phone systems.
- Oversee and provide cause for proper control and care of computer and phone inventories of supplies, spare parts, shop tools and equipment.
- Prepare and provide to management team specific reports and documents. To include, but not limited to, purchase request orders, department operating budget, capital improvement budget projects, special project reports, updates and/or recommendations, and event reports.
- Oversee related contracted maintenance agreements. Develop bid specifications, renewal agreements, and manage all other related items to ensure that acceptable and quality performance levels are achieved.
- Work with Event Manager(s) to facilitate computing and phone needs of the clients.
- Work with Director of Event Services to set pricing, billing procedures and cost controls of these services.
- Oversee the activities of the help desk to ensure the IT needs of users are met
- Constant monitoring of security policies and best practices to protect network and users
- Occasionally, work directly with client to determine their needs and provide proposed pricing.
- Attend department head meetings and weekly staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all the other departments
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Required to speak and understand basic English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors, and employees.
- Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees (including other departments).
- Other duties as assigned