Posted December 04, 2020
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Banquet captain(s) for ASM Global/Savor. SAVOR... is proud to be the exclusive Food & Beverage provider at the Oklahoma City Convention Center. Responsible for supervision and coordinating activities of banquet servers during banquets to ensure that food is served promptly. The Banquet Captain stays in contact with the host (on-site contact) throughout the event to ensure the highest guest satisfaction possible. Regular attendance in conformance with the policies established by ASM Global is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, in English.
- Must be able to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Consults with Banquet Manager regarding serving arrangements and additional employees and equipment required.
- Supervises banquet servers.
- Meets with Chef on Duty at start of every shift to review banquet event orders for menu, timing, special request and Chef's expectations.
- Meet with client prior to start of event to review menu and itinerary.
- Anticipate customers' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all customers, however busy and whatever time of day
- Must be a leader, motivating the servers, resolving conflicts and exceeding guest expectations.
- Conducts lineup with the staff at the start of each shift. Inspects uniforms, reviews menus and event itineraries and provides a short training topic.
- Prepares Captain's Reports, detailing the function and comments of the Host (on-site contact)
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all SAVOR guests.
- Determines when a guest should not be served additional alcoholic beverages in accordance with SAVOR policies.
- Must inspect function space prior to start of function to ensure cleanliness, organization and ambiance, (first impression, attractiveness, etc.)
- Observes food being served to ensure that food is correctly garnished and arranged
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's/department policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for consumption sheets.
- Ensure front and back of the house are maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out
- Provide feedback on staff performance to manager and report disciplinary problems to manager and participate in the counseling of employees
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards
- Review status of assignments and any follow‐up action with Banquet Manager and/or oncoming Supervisor
- Notify Manager when low on item such as lemons, creamers, coffee etc.
- All other duties assigned.