Posted October 20, 2020
Under general supervision of the Director of Event Services, oversee and supervise all security efforts as they relate to the facility and surrounding grounds. Also coordinate and supervise specific event-related security on an as needed basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and direct all personnel and activities necessary to establish a safe, secure and efficient environment.
- Develop and coordinate training programs for full-time and part-time employees to increase awareness of safety and security issues, policies and procedures.
- Schedule guards and building monitors for day-to-day operations and special events. Continue to adjust and update work schedules to reflect cost efficiency and building activity.
- Assist in the preparation of the yearly security budget and track budget allocations throughout the year.
- Develop and implement facility security plans while working closely with local authorities, stakeholders, partners, ASM Global arena security and contractors.
- Responsible for the investigation of all safety and security related incidents. Organize and investigate reports and provide follow-up on incidents including damage or injury to the facility or individuals.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with police, fire, EMS and other security personnel and/or safety organizations. Schedule police, guest services and event security as needed.
- Prepare payroll, maintain records and compile reports for management on a daily basis.
- Gain control over unusual circumstances caused by fire, storms, riots and other emergencies.
- Train and maintain standards for guards and other personnel in protective procedures, first aid, fire safety and other emergency procedures.
- Act as Chairperson for facility Safety Committee. Plan, coordinate and execute meetings and all related issues.
- Attend department meetings and weekly staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all of the other departments.
- Procure department supplies and equipment needed to maintain a safe and secure operation.
- Monitor loading dock procedures for all events and insure safety of all working personnel on back docks throughout facility campus.
- Maintain log book of security items including keys, uniforms, radios and other related items.
- Schedule and follow-up on routine and non-routine inspections of facility safety equipment.
- Responsible for all deliveries on any dock of the facility.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.