Posted September 23, 2020
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Building Engineer for the Oklahoma City Convention Center, scheduled to open in January 2021. As one of the City of Oklahoma City MAPS 3 projects, the Oklahoma City Convention Center will be a state-of-the-art $288 Million facility.
Under general supervision of the Engineering Manager, perform a variety of skilled and unskilled activities involved in the operation and maintenance of the facility's mechanical and electrical systems and general operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate, monitor, repair and maintain the facility's mechanical systems, plumbing, environmental controls, emergency power, electrical, HVAC and lighting systems as required for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Maintain and repair facility equipment such as ice machines, commercial electrical systems and pneumatic devices.
- Follow the preventive maintenance program, energy management program, and standard operating procedures for all machinery and equipment.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, wall repair, patching, re-lamping, replacing ceiling tiles, filters and belts or other items not mentioned as required.
- Record and log all work performed, complete work order slips and compile all required reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Assist other Operation Department divisions to expedite event conversions as needed.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
- Read and interpret performance charts and control panels to evaluate the efficiency of each system.
- Respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.