Posted September 23, 2020
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Operations Supervisor for the Oklahoma City Convention Center, scheduled to open in January 2021. As one of the City of Oklahoma City MAPS 3 projects, the Oklahoma City Convention Center will be a state-of-the-art $288 Million facility.
Under general supervision of the Operations Manager, direct facility personnel in the successful preparation and execution of events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events.
- Direct full time, part time and contracted employees in completion of any number of various tasks assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Duties may include setting up and portable chairs, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
- Perform varies duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include, but not limited to, loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies.
- Assist with all event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing.
- Assist building engineers and subcontractors in construction, repair and maintenance of the building.
- Ensures proper use of all chemicals by Operations staff in accordance with MSDS.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor.
- Responsible for administering immediate disciplinary actions including dismissing employees from active duty for department violations/procedures; works directly with operations management and human resources in coordinating disciplinary action in verbal, written and other relating disciplinary matters.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.