PT Cook I
Posted July 27, 2020
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Cook1 for ASM Global/Savor. SAVOR... is proud to be the exclusive Food & Beverage provider at the Oklahoma City Convention Center/Cox Convention Center. Responsible for preparing banquet offerings as well as menu items ordered by the guest through the point of sale system to include performing any cooking, baking, butchering required and performs any and all duties in the kitchen. Position must be able to utilize BEOs to fulfill client needs in a timely, organized manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to Health Department and ServSafe regulations.
- Prepares hot and cold food to order per standardized recipes
- Prepares food items for banquet orders and large groups
- Provides highest quality service to guests and co-workers at all times
- Follows proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of time, material and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense
- Assists with opening and closing inventory counts
- Sets station up prior to opening to ensure a state of readiness based on historical par levels to ensure adequate supply during service
- Store and properly handle raw and cooked foods and non-food supplies
- Follows temperature danger zone guidelines to ensure food safety
- Maintains a sanitizer bucket at proper dilution at all times
- Ensures all products are properly wrapped, labeled and dated
- Practices FIFO, (First in, first out), for all products to ensure proper rotation
- Operate equipment, (knives, grill, flat top, fryer, etc.), according to use and safety instructions
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously
- Distributes food to concession cashier/attendant to serve to customers
- Requests inventory refills as needed on a timely basis to ensure adequate supply is always available for guest requests
- Keeps work area clean, organized and sanitary.
- Cleans and organizes work station at end of shift to ensure safety guidelines are maintained and the stand is ready for the next shift.