Posted October 03, 2022
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Sales Manager at Oklahoma City Convention Center. The Oklahoma City Convention Center is a beautiful state-of the art Center with 200,000 square feet of exhibit space, a 30,000 square foot ballroom and 45,000 square feet of meeting space. We are seeking a unique Sales Manager to join our Sales team. The Sales Manager, under general supervision, oversees and coordinates all aspects of the sales process in applicable markets for future convention, trade show & corporate events, as well as short term bookings. This position acts as a liaison between the facility and clients, and works closely with Event Services, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to. The Sales Manager works closely with Visit OKC Sales Team and hotels in joint efforts to promote both facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop sales strategy for soliciting primarily national, but also state, & local convention, tradeshow, and event business, including large catering functions (500 attendees +).
- Meet and/or exceed projections, schedules and timelines.
- Coordinate promotional activities for development of event bookings for OKCCC, including participation in industry trade shows and sales missions with Visit OKC and ASM.
- Contact prospective user groups and individuals to initiate the sales effort.
- Follow-up on leads generated by outside sources.
- Compile bid proposals, sales and revenues projection reports, and other relevant sales issues.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to prospective clients and others.
- Negotiate, compile and execute sales contracts and agreements.
- Conduct facility tours for prospective clients and discuss the facility with site selection committees or designated others.
- Manage client database for prospects and follow-up with clients periodically to assess any future needs.
- Establish expansive network including representatives of local organizations and companies.
- Participate with community and industry related associations, committees, and task forces.
- May perform other duties as assigned.